NETZSCH Pumps & Systems
Industrial and Hygienic Pumps and Systems
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
NETZSCH Pumps & Systems manufactures positive displacement pumps to a worldwide client base. The NETZSCH range of NEMO progressing cavity pumps and TORNADO rotary lobe pumps are designed specifically for the most demanding applications.
NETZSCH pumps range in size from the industry's smallest for metering to high-volume pumps for applications in the oil and gas, or mining industries and are available in industrial and hygienic versions for the food and pharmaceutical industry.
All NEMO and TORNADO pumps are made according to necessary manufacturing and hygiene standards and guidelines. NETZSCH places the greatest importance to production methods, which saves resources when using its certified materials to ensure it complies with quality standards at all manufacturing sites.
Positive Displacement Pumps
NETZSCH's positive displacement pumps are used in a wide range of applications in the food and beverage industry, including:
- Drinks and wine production
- Dairy production
- Fruits and vegetables industry
- Sugar production
- Starch production
- Confectioneries and bakeries
- Meats and slaughterhouses
As NETZSCH Pumps & Systems manufactures both industrial and hygienic rotary lobe and progressing cavity pumps, customers can rely on impartial advice to ensure that the pump system they get is the best for their application.
NEMO Hygienic Pump for optimal cleaning
The NEMO Hygienic Pump is used in the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and chemical / biochemical industries for hygienic applications and optimal cleaning. It is ideal in these settings due to its continuous, pressure-stable, gentle and low-pulsation conveyance and its capability of dosing in proportion to speed. The block pump construction with flanged drive is particularly compact and economical to operate.
Many different regulatory bodies have set specifications for a hygienically correct configuration for components and machines, as well as for component cleanability. NEMO PUMPS are designed, produced and inspected in accordance with the regulations of the European Hygienic Engineering & Design Group (EHEDG), and the Qualified Hygienic Design (QHD).
The materials used are approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) of Germany. In addition, NEMO Hygienic and Aseptic Pumps meet the specifications of the US's 3-A Sanitary Standards and are GOST-R certified.
Features of the NEMO Hygienic Pumps:
- Continuous low-pulsation conveyance unaffected by fluctuations in pressure and viscosity
- Conveyance volume in proportion to rotation speed with high-dosing precision over a broad rotational-speed range
- High suction and pressure capability without valves
- Reversible conveyance direction
- Stator with funnel-shaped entrance for optimal filling of the conveying chamber
NEMO Hygienic Pumps provide:
- Gentle product conveyance
- Long production cycles with contamination-proof, sterile pump construction
- CIP and SIP capability
- Product admission under vacuum conditions up to almost an absolute vacuum
- Open, patented hygienic joints for smearing media
- Elastomers approved for food in accordance with FDA and BfR
- Horizontal and vertical installation
- Easy serviceability
Advantages of the NEMO Hygienic Pump:
- Food-suitable shaft seals with compression-proof bolted seal casing enable a reversal in the direction of rotation and of the direction of conveyance, up to the maximum pump pressure
- Streamlined, crevice-free housing model prevents sedimentation of the product
- All product-contacting surfaces are polished to prevent build-up of the medium and facilitate cleaning
- The pump housing and stator can be optionally heated
Residue-free emptying with Barrel Emptying Systems
NETZSCH Barrel Emptying Systems suction themselves automatically to the bottom of the barrel or container to achieve near residue-free emptying in the cosmetic, pharmaceutical and food industries. The heart of the Barrel Emptying System is a volumetrically conveying NEMO Progressing Cavity Pump.
When the NEMO Pump is started, a vacuum is created under the follower plate. This plate simultaneously generates a light amount of pressure on the substance in order to guarantee constant product flow.
Features of the NEMO Barrel Emptying System:
- Very gentle conveyance
- Near residual-free emptying
- Compacted products conveyance
- Solids conveyance
The NEMO Barrel Emptying System offers:
- Conveyance volume in proportion to rotation speed
- Constant low-pulsation conveyance
- Low lifecycle costs combined with easy serviceability
TORNADO Rotary Lobe Pumps
In everyday practice in the food industry, there are high demands on hygienic processing for sensitive products on top of the pressures of competition and efficiency. NETZSCH's modern production and conveying systems, such as the new TORNADO T.Sano rotary lobe pump, are specially developed for this requirement. The pump chamber is made entirely from stainless-steel and the new construction provides for less pulsation and wear.
All metallic components of the rotary lobe pump, which come into contact with the delivery medium, are made using stainless-steel and elastomer seals, in accordance with the US FDA.
The T.Sano is available in various sizes to accommodate for delivery quantities of eight to 140m³/h. The smallest model is best suited for the flexible filling of edible oils, because only up to 27m³/h will be delivered at a back-pressure of up to 4bar. The speed can be variably set between 150rpm - 440rpm.
About NETZSCH Pumps & Systems
The company is headquartered in Germany and has manufacturing facilities also located in Brazil, China, India and the US, with 30 direct sales offices and over 200 representatives.
Available White Papers
TORNADO® Rotary Lobe Pumps The NETZSCH TORNADO® is a valveless, self-priming, positive displacement pump that can be optimally customised to meet specific process and application requirements.
Pumps and Systems for the Food Industry NETZSCH's product range includes NEMO® progressive cavity pumps, TORNADO® T2 rotary lobe pumps, NETZSCH accessories, and NETZSCH barrel emptying systems.