SYSPRO provides the means to handle the complexities of the food and beverage industry where the challenges of regulatory compliance, safety issues, quality, perishability and the demand for faster turnaround times and reliable deliveries are all-important.
Whatever the pricing or packaging options, SYSPRO ERP solutions offer improved procurement efficiency, transaction speeds and responsiveness to customer demand. SYSPRO’s traceability monitors the food or beverage life cycle from initial ingredient purchases through to manufacture, finished goods, shipment and final delivery. Our inventory management applications ensure low inventory and high service levels
while incorporating multiple units of measure and catch weights, thereby enabling accurate product costing and pricing.
Food safety regulation compliance
To meet the stringent requirements of the Food Safety Modernization Act and the Safe Quality Food Standards, companies must be able to identify and trace every single ingredient consumed in the manufacturing process; from receipt through processing, packaging, and shipping, to the exact customer location.
- Provide full bi-directional traceability from source to comsumption
- Produce detailed audit trails of all transactions
- Implement successful recalls
- Authenticate operators for specific transactions
Benefit from full traceability
Whether a compliance-critical requirement or an analysis tool for continuous improvement strategies, the traceability of products from material origin through to manufacture and final destination is key to the food
and beverage industry.
SYSPRO’s integrated nature enables full backward and forward traceability as well as comprehensive recordkeeping to meet strict compliance requirements. SYSPRO facilitates the recording of traceability and quality data on materials and products from purchasing through to inspection, manufacturing, manufacturing inspection, stocking and sales. The recording of expiry and shelf-life information is also facilitated and powerful queries enable upward and downward searches by stock code, lot number and transaction type.
- Effectively track inventory movement across physical or virtual locations
- Have traceability and quality data on materials and products from purchasing through to inspection, manufacturing, manufacturing inspection, stocking and sales
- Maintain a history of traceable items for accountability and customer service follow-up, providing efficient and effective recalls
- Keep detailed notes about inspections
- Provide reject control and documentation
- Furnish shelf-life control
- Trace semi-finished or finished products from the supplier of raw materials through to the customer
- Optionally allow the same lot number to be used for multiple stock items
- Archive information on traceable items to conserve disk resources
- View an on-screen query of current and/or archived data
Optimise management and planning with improved visibility
SYSPRO’s Manufacturing Operations Management is a powerful advanced planning and scheduling solution that empowers manufacturers to quickly create and share flexible and reliable production plans. This manufacturing execution system (MES) offers a unique level of delivery, cost and quality control of manufacturing operations for job shop, batch production, production line and mixed mode environments.
The solution enables organisations to generate accurate schedules that consider constraints around people, machines, tooling and materials. Manufacturers are then able to ensure they make best use of their available capacity to deliver to customers faster and in the most cost-effective way, and lowering production costs.
Manufacturing Operations Management can help you take control of your manufacturing operations and start to:
- Deliver to your customers faster
- Control labour and machine costs
- Reduce downtime and bottlenecks
- Measure and improve product quality
- Increase productivity and output
- Reduce cost to compete
Accurately record recipes or formulas
- Define ingredient quantities such as quantity per, fixed quantities and wet weight percentages
- Where-used query and substitution facility enables quick and easy replacement of ingredients
- Track variances and waste
- Allow for multiple revisions and releases of recipes
Control cost to increase profitability
SYSPRO provides essential integrated visibility with your accounting, distribution and manufacturing operations, enabling you to easily identify and track your cost elements and to target areas of waste for improvement programs. Additionally, it facilitates the automation of many processes that have traditionally been labor-intensive and time-consuming, such as operational-to-financial reconciliations and
communicating with trading partners.
- Provide accurate costing with real-time tracking
- Monitor production processes and track exceptions
- Increase visibility of co-products and by-products
- Track selling prices, discounts and deductions
- Allow for promotions to various customers for selected products
record gains or losses on currency fluctuations for foreign trading partners
- Track true landed cost for imported ingredients