Based in Griffith, NSW, Australia, Flavourtech manufactures high technology process equipment for the food and beverage industries.
The company is enjoying substantial success internationally, selling innovative systems based on its unique Spinning Cone Column and Centritherm® evaporator technology.
The successful applicant will be expected to lead and contribute at a high level in all aspects of our research and development (R+D) function. Responsibilities will include:
- Management of R+D projects (delivery on technical milestones and budgets)
- Develop and propose new process technology and applications
- Management of R+D/pilot plant personnel and associated activities (internal and external trials)
- Preparation and subsequent management of relevant grant applications related to R+D projects
- Development and management of relationships with key external organisations
Applicants should have the following qualifications/attributes
- Graduate level, preferably with Masters Degree or Ph.D in an engineering or science discipline
- Understanding of core chemical engineering unit operations
- Detailed knowledge of heat transfer, mass transfer, and fluid mechanics
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and components
- Engineering Degree level mathematics
- R+D project management
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentational skills
- Problem solving skills
Other skills/attributes of additional interest include:
- Direct experience in coffee and/or tea Processing
- Familiarity with patent filling and tools for review of external patents
- Familiarity with government and funding body grant applications
The role requires some international travel.
An attractive remuneration package is available, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Initial inquires in writing with CV and covering e-mail should be directed to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 15 February 2017