Kontrols & industrial Weighing (KIW) have used their weighing and engineering expertise to develop a truly unique liquids filling machine. We have incorporated some innovative ideas that allow us to optimise our customers’ filling operations:
- Your full range of bottles can be filled on one machine, from 250ml to 20l, which avoids the requirement for multiple lines for multiple products and thus saves considerable capital investment
- Our ‘zipper’ system for bottle orientation, transfer and locating allows us to correctly locate under the filling nozzle a container of any size or shape, thereby eliminating the problem of offset filling holes (we also have various other methods for container movement)
- Our nozzles are our final control element, designed to have a positive shut-off leading to no drips and precise filling control (their innovative design allows for multi-stage fill control, easy cleaning and inline CIP)
- Holding tanks and pressure-regulated filling eliminates loss of fill rate due to level drop in overhead holding tanks (excessive start-stop operation of pumping equipment is also eliminated)
- Pressurisation ensures constant and immediate flow of material into containers to be filled, allowing the machine user to maximise throughput by reducing fill time
We are currently getting an accuracy of ±2g.
Our current filling rate allows us to fill four to six bottles per station, depending on product to be filled, bottle capacities and other factors.
Integrateable liquid filling machine
Our machine had been design from scratch to be highly integrateable into existing machinery or new machinery such as labelling and capping machines, collection turntables, etc.
All conveyors run on individually controlled variable-speed drives allowing for considerable adjustment of empty bottle in feed to our filling heads and also feed into various sections of the machine like the capper and labeller.
We can supply all facets of the filling machine including:
- Capping machine
- Labelling machine
- Collection turntables
The machine has been completely designed and built in Australia.
All modifications to the machine to suit relevant filling applications will be fully documented and provided with the standard machine documentation. All basic components used are freely available over the counter (pneumatics, motors, belts, etc.).
All of the electronics, weighing and control equipment are in stock in Australia with KIW so downtime on the machine due to component breakdown, especially with an active and good spare parts policy, will be minimal.
Minimal time associated with changing over from one container type to another. The electronic set up will take you all of a few seconds. The mechanical set up is tool-less in most cases and will take very little time as well.
Trouble-free volumetric filling
All problems associated with volumetric filling are eliminated:
- Excessive set up time of fill quantity on volumetric machines where the cylinder stroke length has to be fine-tuned – in our case the operator selects his bottle size from a drop-down list and enters the density of the liquid if required and nothing else needs to be done
- Accuracy issues due to change in properties of liquids being pumped, including density and viscosity, especially when multiple products are being filled on the same equipment
- Accuracy issues due to change in properties of a product being filled due to environmental factors such as temperature change
- Accuracy issues due to the effect of the working of the machine; i.e. volumetric machines are extremely susceptible to accuracy issues caused by aeration of product being filled; if a product is aerated, its bulk density has changed which means inaccurate filling
KIW now have the experience to design and construct filling machines for any liquid, into any container, for any throughput required.
Hazardous areas are no problem; our equipment will have full SAA approval, or if we need it a letter of no objection from the chief electrical inspector.
Please feel free to contact us for further information.