A family business based in Australia, Beerenburg grows and produces a range of 75 delicious jams, sauces and condiments in the Adelaide Hills, in addition to supplying Qantas Airline with its iconic strawberry jam.
The family has been living on the Beerenberg Farm for seven generations and after working hard, for many years developing their brand, growing and picking strawberries and developing new recipes, a major factory expansion is underway to keep up with demand.
To complement the expansion and ongoing requirements of the Beerenberg expansion project, Remax installed three Movidor HS35 High Speed Rapid Doors for more efficient access in and out of the warehouse facility by forklifts, delivery vehicles and other vehicles.
Remax High Speed Doors automatically open when a vehicle approaches the door and closes swiftly after the vehicle has passed through, which helps to prevent unwanted pests / birds / dust and wind from entering the warehouse, as well as reducing the time spent by delivery drivers and forklift operators from manually opening and closing doors throughout the day.
As an exterior door, the Remax HS35 Movidor range is also strengthened to provide resistance against wind whilst providing flexibility for unplanned knocks by forklift equipment.
As well as the three HS35 Movidor High Speed Rapid Doors, Remax also internally installed two of its new Movidor ES40 Rapid Roll Doors.
The ES40 range offers the benefits of an automatic door with functional durability and self-relocating functionality at an affordable price. Specifically useful internally to separate two areas where the doorway still requires access for production equipment such as forklifts but is an economical, lightweight product aimed at internal doorways.
Saving time in day to day operations was critical to Beerenberg and with the fast operation of 0.7m/sec for the standard ES40 Movidor curtain and optional 2.0m/sec variation, there is no time lost spent waiting on doors to open.
The clear panel in the Movidor ES40 Rapid Door also allows for safer manoeuvrability for both pallet jack’s and pedestrians throughout the day, allowing natural light into the sectioned areas and the curtain is an effective barrier and separation against possible contamination from dust, pests and airborne nuances.
Key requirements were:
- Greater efficiency for external doorways
- Separate production area from warehouse area for hygiene / access control
- Functional durability of access doors
- Maintain hygiene requirements and minimise temperature loss between controlled and non-controlled areas.
- Allow natural light transmittance between enclosed areas.
- Minimal maintenance and repair if impacted
- Reliable and prompt service
- The material and design of the Movidor ES40 Rapid Roll Door has a number of benefits:
- Economical – On average, a 25% saving in comparison to other high speed doors.
- Translucent vision panels – Allows light transmittal.
- Minimalist Design – attractive aesthetics and space saving design.
- Segmented Curtain – Horizontal sections of PVC coated polyester fabric connected by anodised aluminium battens.
- Minimal Maintenance – Easy, low cost repair if damaged.
- Excellent Seal – Tight seal when closed ensures energy savings and superior contamination control.
- Relocating Curtain – A self-relocating curtain ensures that in event that the curtain is knocked out of the guides, the relocator will reinsert the curtain automatically.
- Safety – Soft bottom edge in safety yellow
Scope of works:
- Design Consultancy and Planning
- Made to measure manufacture of Movidor HS35 Rapid Doors and ES40 High Speed Roll Door
- Bespoke fabrication of customised steelwork
- Delivery and Installation