Remax has installed insulated Compact Sectional Doors and Movidor Rapid Doors at a dairy product processing facility in Victoria, Australia. The site required the thermal Compact Sectional Insulated Doors as dock delivery doors, to maintain indoor temperatures from a temperature controlled warehouse, from / to loading vehicles collecting and delivering goods.
The facility is a busy site, producing and distributing a range of food products that need to be kept at specific temperatures at all times, not only while in storage but also during transport.
The site required thermal dock doors for efficient loading / unloading requirements as well as Movidor Rapid Doors to create an airlock zone between fluctuating outside temperatures and controlled indoor temperatures. Airlock zones can also be very helpful when it comes to creating an extra barrier against dust / wind / pests / leaves from blowing into the site.
With dock delivery doors, some of the key requirements are for thermal protection, security, reliability and durability, with solid barrier construction that can stand up to a demanding environment.
Durability and Reliability
The loading dock doors onsite are raised and lowered frequently, sometimes around the clock and with a high-traffic environment with forklifts and other equipment passing through all day long. By minimising the amount of time that each door takes to open and close, energy loss can be further reduced whilst efficiency is increased.
What makes the Compact Sectional Door different to standard Sectional Doors?
- Compact Sectional Doors are a unique product with insulated door leaves boasting an insulation / R-Value of EN12428; Panel U=0.76 W/m2K
- The compact nature of the doors ensures that overhead space is not impacted by the door itself, and can be utilised for lighting or other equipment.
- No balance springs – which means less maintenance requirements
- Design options – the insulated panels come in a variety of 10 RAL colour options and various window options including double glazing.
- Wicket Door – an additional option includes adding a wicket door for pedestrian staff to exit / enter without having to open up the entire door.
- External and internal installation options.
- High speed motor – opening speed adjustable to a maximum of 60cm/sec. and a maximum closing speed of 30cm/sec.
New thermal Compact Sectional Doors and Movidor High Speed Rapid Doors provide effective segregation from the outdoor elements and creating better efficiency throughout the site. Compact Sectional Doors also require very minimal headspace which means that overhead lighting and/or equipment is not compromised.
Neat fixing design allows effective seal to floor, especially for insulated loading dock delivery doors and rapid installation ensures minimal impact on operations. See below – Movidor high speed doors installed along with the Thermal Compact Sectional Doors.
Thermal Compact Sectional Doors installed for loading dock access for deliveries and receivables by refrigerated haulage vehicles, personnel and other refrigerated warehouse transport and logistics equipment. The insulated, clear windows provide safety and effective clear vision for those both within and outside of the site.