BlueScope Buildings is committed to maintaining safety, which is at the foundation of the company’s culture, and consistent safety policies are practiced worldwide.
BlueScope’s commitment to zero harm reflects the company’s belief that people work in an environment where risk can be managed appropriately on a daily basis.
Sky-Web, Sky-Web II Fall Protection and insulation support systems are examples of this commitment. These act as a passive restraint system that protect walkers from falls and offers protection from certain falling objects during roof construction.
The features of these systems include:
- A web of knotted nylon mesh that attaches to the perimeter of the roof’s secondary structural members to protect against leading edge-of-roof falls
- A passive-restraint solution that is similar to an automobile airbag
- No action required by workers, such as tying off with lanyards, to provide safety
- Significantly reduces the distance of a fall and the severity of injury
- Can remain in place after the building is completed to act as a support system for roof insulation
Please note that Sky-Web systems do not eliminate the fall hazard from the non-leading edge of the roof and during installation.