The RE80™ Mag-Ram™ Magnetic Separator is an automatic self-cleaning grate magnet that provides foreign metal fragment control and helps reduce risks to final product security in food processing lines.
The Mag-Ram™ has developed over the years to become an essential safeguard against contaminants such as tramp metal, work-hardened stainless steel and stone, and fine dust-like metal shavings. The powerful foreign metal fragment control provided by the Mag-Ram™ is essential to reducing the risk of food recall, brand name damage, consumer injury, equipment damage and financial loss.
The Mag-Ram™ has proven successful in a variety of dry food applications, including dairy, coffee, grain, flour, meat rendering, pet food, cereals, powder and other similar ingredients.
The automatic cleaning operation of the magnet Rams has several advantages for food processing companies, including:
- Eliminate risks of injury involved in handling or lifting manual-clean grate magnets
- Reduce risk of potential human ingress and bacterial contamination during manual cleaning
- It is time-saving, as it can be cleaned before, during or after production runs. This means no production downtime and no operator cleaning schedules
- Continuous extraction means that dangerous metal contaminants are safely removed from the product flow and easily collected for analysis
- Maximum product stream coverage and optimum separation efficiency
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Internationally certified RE80 +11,000 gauss magnetics.
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Dairy Accepted models for sensitive powders
Satisfied customers claim that the Mag-Ram™ has been a great investment, which has undoubtedly proved its worth and is more efficient to other magnetic separators because a clean magnet is constantly being presented to the products being processed.
The magnet is commonly installed in bulk intake areas, prior to metal detectors, prior to critical equipment, during the mid-process and at bulk out-loading locations.