The Gold Peg FreeTherm is a purpose-designed batch processing system for a complete range of product types, viscosities and compositions, including processed cheese, pasta filata types, sauces, purees, baby food, meat, pet food and more.
FreeTherm is Natec Network’s newest cooking and processing system and represents the unity within the network itself: ‘Free’ comes from Natec’s filling equipment such as the FreeSlice® and FreePack®, while ‘Therm’ comes from Gold Peg’s continuous food processing systems such the RotaTherm®.
Ingredients are firstly blended, cooked and de-aerated in the processing vessel. They are then gently mixed by two independently controlled augers. Product heating utilises Gold Peg direct steam injection technology, following which the product is de-aerated using an integrated vacuum system. Temperature is accurately monitored by Gold Peg’s unique self-cleaning temperature probes.
After processing, the product is discharged into an insulated buffer tank, with an agitator, to wait for delivery to downstream systems.
Great flexibility and different options make the FreeTherm a multifunctional batch processing system for a wide range of products.
- Multifunctional batch processing system for cost-effective production and excellent finished product quality
- Mixing pattern flexibility increases blending and heating efficiency
- Effective heating using unique direct steam injectors that eliminate product hotspots
- Integrated vacuum system provides de-aeration for density control and colour stability
- Different automatic programs for easy production and CIP
- Central control and surveillance system for high operator comfort
- Fully enclosed, CIP-able, hygienic design ensuring product safety
Options and attachments include a bin lifter for ingredients addition, level measurement for exact dosage and traceability, steam conditioning unit, powder and ingredient addition systems, shear pump for products like spreadable cheese, shaft seal upgrade, cleaning via connection to an existing CIP system, combined discharge and CIP pump and double jacketing of the processing vessel.
Different mixing auger executions are also available depending on the product requirement.
The FreeTherm can heat up to temperatures of 98°C. All product contact surfaces are 316L stainless steel.
The machine is available in four different sizes with the capacity for up to five batches per hour, achieving production rates of 100 – 2,500 kg/h:
- FreeTherm 50 – 4 direct steam injectors (DSI), 50l capacity, options available for buffer tank
- FreeTherm 150- 6 DSIs, 150l capacity, 400l buffer tank
- FreeTherm 250 – 8 DSIs, 250l capacity, 400l buffer tank
- FreeTherm 500 – 10 DSIs, 500l capacity, 800l buffer tank
We look forward to hearing from you and sharing our knowledge on our ‘success generating food technology’. Please use the form to get in touch.