From idea to finished product, Selerant’s product lifecycle management (PLM) solution Devex ensures compliance and facilitates innovation for the entirety of formula-based PLM.
Devex PLM is comprised of the innovation process management suite, product development (PD) and formulation, product data management (PDM) and regulatory compliance.
Innovation process management suite (PPM Solution)
Selerant’s innovation process management suite offers a comprehensive product portfolio management solution to support new PD and change management processes.
IPMS manages the end-to-end lifecycle of PD starting at the ideation phase, carrying the process through to the finished products are on-shelf and ultimately until the final obsolescence of the products.
Key features include:
- Stage-gate process modelling
- Project management and collaboration
- Product requirements
- Project analytics, workﬂow and reporting features
- Emails and notiﬁcations
- Project documentation repository
Product development and formulation
The PD module provides a searchable formulation database with real-time updates, granular security and robust analytical tools. Not only are formulations visible, but critical data relating to each formulation can also now be seen and tracked in the key areas of product requirements, compliance issues, vendor specifications, supply chain deliveries, and total costs.
With this module, product developers have a formulation workbench that can:
- Ensure accurate cost analysis with legacy system integration such as enterprise resource planning (ERP) and supply chain
- Access centralised formula and recipes for a global single version of truth
- Audit and trace all aspects of new PD and introduction (NPDI)
- Standardise development processes (including units of measure, plant equipment, control points and vendors)
- Immediately assess the impact of any changes on cost, nutrition, allergens and ingredient lists
- Leverage past formulations with secured access to a centralised database
- Protect intellectual property rights with granular security access
- Quickly search and identify formulations by keywords, calculated values, ingredients and amounts used, vendors and creation/modification date
- Increase product introduction acceptance with constant visibility to product and compliance requirements
Product data management
The PDM module serves as a central knowledge repository for process and product history among all the business users who interact with the product such as project managers, engineers, sales, purchasing and quality assurance teams. PDM is critically reliant on robust and reliable master data.
The Devex PDM module offers tools to implement and maintain the data management processes in four key areas:
- Data migration and synchronisation
- Data harmonisation
- Data cleansing
- Data governance
The regulatory compliance module provides users with the tools to both simplify processes and increase compliance creating a more intuitive interface that can be used and understood by both regulatory experts and novices alike, allowing them to:
- Elevate compliance visibility throughout all stages of the product lifecycle
- Define product requirements to specific regions and required compliance legislation
- Analyse compliance throughout every trial and experiment
- Easy generation of compliant labels
- Proactively prepare for upcoming legislation changes
- Integration with formulations and supplier data
- Easy-to-read pass/fail compliance results
- Configurable compliance analysis/guidelines
- Claims/certifications analysis
- Multi-country management as a single group (ex: EU)
- Robust querying and reporting