Clients can achieve significant savings in their building project by involving BlueScope Buildings in early concept development.
The company’s early involvement with the client’s chosen architect and/or design firm in the planning and design phase can help to maximise efficiencies and improve the payback period.
Clients can achieve significant efficiencies in three important areas:
Value engineering and design
- BlueScope will work with the client to understand all aspects of their business processes, including bays / modules, insurance requirements, assembly sequencing, erectability and safety, and design an optimal framing solution. The company can efficiently design and detail a building envelope
- Standardise value engineered designs and create building prototypes to continue to provide overall cost reductions
- Focus on optimising in-place cost solutions, because BlueScope control engineering and fabrication and understand the assembly process
Timing and schedule improvements
- A timely engineering start instead of waiting weeks to run a bid process
- Improved building design and layout, including optimal framing solutions and better construction schedules
- Shorter schedules to allow for lower construction financing costs
Savings on materials
- Early availability of anchor bolt reactions, allowing foundation design engineers to design to specific reactions versus a conservative design approach to accommodate unknown reactions
- An owner-supplied scope, which eliminates or reduces the general contractor mark-up on the building envelope scope of work
- Competitively priced engineering, because it is priced into the product instead of the sole product
- Streamlined engineering costs: The EPC or Design Institute structural design and bidding process often results in paying twice for engineering, which can be $50,000 to $200,000
These efficiencies allow clients to get a premium product at less than market transaction rates.