SICK Sensor Intelligence Industrial Sensors for Food Processing
SICK is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems, machine vision, encoders and automatic identification products for industrial applications. The company, founded in 1946, has a global presence with almost 50 subsidiaries and participations as well as numerous sales agencies. SICK currently employs more than 6,300 employees worldwide, and achieved sales of €971.3m in 2012.
Efficient solutions for food and beverage production
Food and beverage producers are facing many challenges. Varying customer preferences and smaller households require new products and lead to ever shorter product lifecycles. In addition, producers have to fulfill many regulatory requirements and operate in a highly competitive environment. These are big challenges for companies in the food processing industry.
The key to success is to identify trends by being close to the customer and realize suitable products rapidly.
You can benefit from SICK’s long-standing industry competence in the field of food processing. SICK’s outstanding innovations help you to solve your automation tasks.
Modern production plants require a high level of flexibility as quick and easy adoption of the production line to another range of products is one of the key success factors in food processing. A fast changeover to a new product or quickly adjusting your processes to other changes, e.g. expanding the capacity of your processing line, can provide competitive advantages. SICK’s solutions provide you with a high-degree of flexibility and efficiency for your work processes.
- Photoelectric sensors in hygienic design for product detection
- Proximity sensors for wash-down applications
- Level, flow and temperature sensors in hygienic design for process monitoring
- Reduction of changeover times
- Quick reaction to new production requirements possible
SICK offers a broad portfolio of quality control products during all stages of your production process. The intelligent sensor technology from SICK ensures a consistently high quality of your product. The optimal integration of SICK solutions in your automation environment provides you with the possibility to easily adapt your product to the required customer needs.
- 3D smart camera to measure volumes, portions and fill levels
- Accurate measurement allows precise portioning for consistent product quality
- Minimize packaging problems
- Reduce waste and optimize production costs
Protecting persons, machines or other objects – this has top priority in automated production and logistical processes. SICK offers powerful and complete safety solutions for access protection, and for protecting hazardous areas and points-of-operation combined with expert service to provide assistance to your needs worldwide.
- Modular safety controller with decentralized integration design enables cost-saving cascading of safety switches and sensors within a machine module
- Increased productivity through innovative safety solutions
- Expert service technicians provide assistance worldwide
- Designed for easy setup
- SICK solutions comply with international safety standards
The ability to follow individual steps in production processes is becoming increasingly important as it enables continuous tracking of products and ensures safe production of food and beverages. SICK’s identification solutions enable precise acquisition of all relevant information throughout all stages of the entire production process.
- Identification solutions to scan, identify and verify bar codes (1D, 2D) and texts (OCR) on products, cartons or shipping cases
- Precise production process tracking
- Identify counterfeit products
- High degree of flexibility in the application
- Significantly reduces manual workflow
Products and Services
Introducing the unique decentralised integration design of Flexi Loop, SICK meets the demand for cost-saving cascading of safe switches and sensors within a machine as well as for extensive diagnostic options, while maintaining performance level PL e.Read more
PBS Hygienic is the new electronic pressure switch designed by SICK specifically for measuring and monitoring pressure in the food industry. The selection of material, the structural layout, as well as the process connections were laid out consistently in hygienic design.Read more
With the TR4 Direct product family, SICK extends its range of non-contact transponder safety switches. Compact design, cascadability, as well as the highest possible protection against tampering, are the special features offered by this range.Read more
Exact level measurement in media with strong foam development is child's play for SICK's new LFP INOX level sensor.Read more
When design engineers become euphoric, there must be a good reason. Perhaps the latest safety controller from SICK that cleverly incorporates advantages?Read more
The DFS60I incremental rotary encoder from SICK provides a neat solution for applications in food processing, beverage filling, the pharmaceutical and packaging industries, and for sophisticated outdoor applications.Read more
A technological world first, implemented in a unique way - this is SICK's new DeltaPac. The sensor enables reliable detection of objects in a gapless product flow.Read more