Rubitec Containment Systems for the Food Processing Industry
Rubitec specialises in the design and production of custom-designed containment systems for the food processing industry, as well as the chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
Notably, Rubitec developed and patented the SmartDock docking system, an ideal solution for containment systems up to Occupational Exposure Band (OEB) Level 6. The same applies for Rubitec’s BigBag and barrel / drum filling and emptying systems.
The popular systems comply with strict industry guidelines, enabling Rubitec to be a market leader in its field. All of the company’s systems are also available in ATmosphere EXplosible (ATEX), up to zone 1 / 21 outside and zone 0 / 20 inside.
In addition, Rubitec offers BigBag and drum filling and emptying stations without containment.
The well-positioned, family owned business from Switzerland always places its customers at the centre of everything it does and has earned a spot at the top of the market through the consistent delivery of high-quality products.
Containment and docking systems for the food processing industry
Rubitec produces containment systems to fill and empty BigBags or drums with plastic liners. The systems reach OEB Level 5 and, with a few modifications, can also achieve Level 6.
The company also provides filling stations available with scale and dosing systems and BigBag emptying stations available with massaging paddles, BigBag squeezers, integrated cranes and its mobile or stationary SmartLift product.
Advantages of the SmartDock docking system include:
• One-person operation
• Docking / undocking takes just five minutes
• Meets OEB Level 5
• Works well with aluminium-coated bags
• No wearing parts in contact with the product, which could reduce tightness
• No exposed O-rings, plastic-rings or other disposable parts
• Robust construction
• Low maintenance
• Same docking system can be used for Rubitec BigBag filling and emptying stations and for drum emptying stations with glovebox
• Container filter exchange for exhaust air filter
• Clean-in-Place (CIP) nozzles
• Contained CIP drain connection
• Inertisation of the container
BigBag or drum squeezers for loosening up solid chemical products
BigBag squeezers should be used to loosen up BigBags or drums that are experiencing lumps or blockages after transportation or storage.
Rubitec offers a range of designs of BigBag or drum squeezers for loosening up chemical products. Working to detailed customer requirements, the company will offer specific solutions to meet its clients’ containment needs.
Pneumatic transfer systems
We can also integrate our Rubitec-Pneumatic Transfer System (R-PTS) into the scope of delivery for emptying systems.
In addition, Rubitec offers container blenders in various designs. Our solutions ensure the quick and easy loading of the blender. Due to the presence of the touch panel and programmable logic controller (PLC), the blenders are easy to use while the clamping force is monitored.
The systems do not require hydraulics, meaning that very little maintenance is needed.
Rubitec has also produced a range of drum blenders for 10l-400l and up to 1,200kg containers.
Working to its customers’ specific concerns and requirements, Rubitec delivers optimal solutions for mixing solids.
Lifting and tilting devices
Developed through the application of innovative solutions and proven components, SmartLift is a tailored solution designed for lifting, tilting and turning devices. SmartLift lifts a wide range of loads, including bins, containers, BigBags / FIBCs, hoppers, screeners and more.
Features of the VaruMill include:
• No screws (bolts) in the product area that can get lost and into your product
• No oil in bearing body due to no gear
• Lower temperature of bearing body during operation due to no gear
• Baskets are sealed with GMP-O-rings, to be cleaned by CIP
• Rasp sieves and sieves with round holes available
• Cylindrical baskets and rotors for very hard lumps
• Conical baskets and cylindrical baskets can be used in the same mill
• Sieve with integrated temperature measurement, exclusive to Rubitec
• Stronger construction allows use of motors with higher torques
• Mill can start with a fully feeding hopper or can be directly fitted at the outlet of a centrifuge or dryer
• All construction around milling head is customised
• Contracted parts available in American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) 316L, as well as Hastelloy
• Available in 100mm, 200mm and 300mm diameters
• VaruMill 100 with adapter flange to decrease to Ø 50 or increase to DN 125
• VaruMill can also directly dose and fill on a scale for end-weight
• Endless liner socket for CIP without breaking the containment
Quality, innovation and communication
Made in Switzerland, Rubitec’s containment solutions are produced to a high level of quality, meeting GMP conformity.
Rubitec frequently encounters specific and diverse client requirements. The company always tackles these challenges with perceptive thinking, through the exploration of innovative ideas and solutions.
All Rubitec products are designed, produced and assembled at the company’s headquarters in Bennwil, Switzerland.
Rubitec was established to be active in the development and construction of sophisticated, high-quality products for the chemical and pharmaceutical industries. In 1995, the company completed the construction of its own building, allowing it to begin the in-house manufacturing of its products.
Products and Services
About seven years ago, Rubitec developed the SmartDock system for BigBag’s and applied for a patent.Read more