Born from Tonelli Research & Development, this pasteurisation system consists in a CombiTherMix (cooker – condenser – homogeniser), which realises the batch pasteurisation, the stasis and the precooling and led to a RAT, Aseptic Buffer Tank, where the cream is kept in temperature for next transfer into the CombiAerator Heat Exchanger, where the process becomes continuous with a thermal exchange, cooling, aeration and refining of the cream. The whole plant is completely washed and sanitised with a CIP programme, which runs sequentially on each junction with washing,
rinse, disinfection cycles.
Besides the advantages of pasteurisation itself (longer shelf life, better hygienic quality, lighter and smoother creams, use of healthier ingredients), with this system a same recipe is able to give far better results as to quality and organoleptic properties of the final product, as well as financial benefits:
- Ease to vary the process parameters (pasteurisation temp, rest time, etc.)
- Cream texture more creamy, smooth and homogeneous
- Far better overall texture due to lower mechanical stress when mixing
- Cutback of production acycles
- Reduced scrap and waste on production runs’ start up and stop
- Reduced washing and sanitising times, due to less long and complex equipment
- The whole cooking / pasteurising cycle is wholly performed in the batch and is quite rapid, as the heat exchange takes place on a reduced quantity (compared to the continuous one) of cream and on a scraped surface so that the thermal exchange is optimised.
- The chilling phase, while scraping the exchanger surface, is performed under vacuum, therefore is quicker.
- Is it possible to choose the desired temperature and density when dosing the product, so that the dosing process is perfect.
The most important advantage of this plant, compared to the conventional solutions, stays in its flexibility for several applications: using the same configuration, but simply changing parameters, it is possible to produce milk creams for snacks’ filling, even refrigerated, custard creams for croissants or cupcakes, ganache, mousse, jam, jelly, sweet and salty sauces, marshmallow, russian sufflé, zephir, zabaglione, crème brûlé, toppings, etc.