Since 1946, PROVA’s history has been intimately linked with vanilla. Its first speciality, PROVA grew steadily through the years to become one of the major players in the vanilla extraction industry.
Inspired by a long tradition of myths and legends, vanilla continues to evoke desire and it is still one of the most popular and well-loved spices in the world.
PROVA’s vanilla beans are mainly sourced from Madagascar, one of the top producers of fine bourbon qualities. Comoros, Uganda, India, Papua New Guinea and Tahiti are among PROVA’s other sources of supply.
PROVA provides an authentic vanilla taste for applications, including:
- Oil-soluble and thermostable vanilla for chocolate, bakery and confectionery
- Milk-soluble vanilla for ice creams and dairy products
- Water-soluble vanilla for beverages and water systems
PROVA’s vanilla flavour portfolios include:
- PROVAROM – A portfolio of compound vanilla flavours, including natural, with other natural flavours (WONF), synthetic, natural and artificial offerings. These provide different vanilla flavour profiles, which are tailored to each market’s cultural specificities and legislation
- PROVANIL – A portfolio of competitive, easy-to-use alternatives to vanillin (or ethyl vanillin) specifically designed for application in high-fat systems and products undergoing high baking temperatures
Vanilla sugars and powders
PROVA’s vanilla sugar and powder offerings comprise:
- Vanilla sugar – An iconic recipe and the very first vanilla product developed by PROVA. It is now a whole product line with different carriers, concentrations and tastes. It is also available as an organic product
- Sheer vanilla powder – Ground vanilla beans of different qualities and particle sizes.
- Exhausted vanilla seeds and exhausted vanilla bean powder