Wastewaters from the food and beverage industry, pulp and paper mills and from the chemical industry are highly loaded with organic pollutants and can be treated advantageously by means of anaerobic processes. Varying wastewater components and the wide range of possible COD concentrations, however, require the use of different anaerobic reactor types, each adapted to the specific situation.
Our ANUBIX™ range of anaerobic upflow reactors reflects our clients’ needs and how far we have come since 1991 to meet them.
The ultra-high loading rate anaerobic reactor from GWE is ANUBIX™ – T is Expanded Granular Sludge Bed (EGSB) type reactor. It is especially suited for high-strength wastewaters with COD (Chemical Oxygen Demand) values of up to around 25,000 mg/l, with low suspended solids (TSS) and fat, oil and grease (FOG) content.
Anaerobic digestion of organic matter takes place in the ANUBIX™ – T anaerobic reactor. Organic compounds (such as sugars) are primarily degraded by anaerobic bacteria (activated anaerobic sludge) and converted into biogas (a mixture of methane and carbon dioxide). Only a small amount of sludge growth takes place at this stage.
Benefits of ANUBIX™ – T EGSB reactor:
- Works with granular sludge and achieves high industrial wastewater treatment efficiencies;
- Superior treatment with low effluent soluble COD/BOD concentrations requires smaller aerobic polishing stage;
- Solid, corrosion-resistant construction that is easily accessible for inspection;
- Operating interruptions are minimised due to lack of moving parts inside of the reactor;
- Additional gas holder is not required or smooth reactor operation;
- For your convenience and optimal land development we offer steel or concrete construction, rectangular or round configurations;
- Fast startup of the system;
- Very small footprint of the installation.
GWE has one of the most extensive portfolios of anaerobic technologies of any vendors, with thirteen (13) different configurations and concepts. Our team of engineers will advise you on the optimal treatment for your specific conditions.