The Alligator® Staple Fastening System is ideal for a wide variety of light-duty and medium-duty fastener applications.
The system features one-piece fastener strips with pre-inserted staples that speed installation and keeps downtime to a minimum.
Key features of the staple fastening system include:
- Mechanical fastener rating up to 200 pounds per inch width (PIW) (35 kilo-newton meters (kN/m))
- Belts from 0.0625in to 0.25in (1.5mm to 6.4mm) thick
- Pulley diameters from 2in to 4in (50mm to 102mm)
- Produces an abrasion-resistant splice
- Bevelled edges and recessed staple pockets deliver a low-profile splice that is belt component compatible
- Available in steel, stainless steel, MegAlloy® and magnetic stainless
- Quick and easy installation
Available installation methods include:
- Portable tooling
- Hand installation
Types of Alligator® Staple Fastening System
- Alligator® Size RS62
- Alligator® Size RS125
- Alligator® Size RS187
How Alligator® Staple Fasteners work
Designed for light and medium-duty synthetic carcass belting, the Alligator® Staple fastener utilises a high-tensile, stainless steel staple attachment in conjunction with an extended plate design. This design separates the point of fastener penetration from the line of belt flexing to eliminate splice fatigue at the point of belt attachment.
Staple fasteners are furnished in strips with a bridge between each fastener plate. This strip design minimises the chance of individual parts dislodging into the conveyed product. The one-piece design provides a stronger splice, greater resistance to impact damage, and a smoother, unrippled joint that simplifies hinge pin insertion.
Staples are hammer driven through the fastener and belt, working between the carcass fibres without severing them. The staples are then clinched crosswise to the belt, so that belt tension does not pull against the staples to unclinch them.