The Alligator® Spiral Lace Fastening System is ideal for belt operations with small head pulleys that require both non-metallic and low-profile fasteners.
Why spiral lace?
Key features of the spiral lace system, include:
- Mechanical fastener rating up to 50 pounds per inch width (PIW) (8.7 kilo-newton meters (kN/m))
- Belts from 0.063in to 0.188in (1.6mm to 4.6mm) thick
- Minimum pulley diameter from 0.4in to 0.6in (10mm to 15mm)
- Produces a low-profile, non-marking splice
- Removable hinge pin allows for easy cleaning and sanitation of belts
- Available in white or blue polyester (US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) compliant materials), black polyester, or polyether ether ketone (PEEK) for high-temperature applications
Available installation methods include machine installation by a qualified belt shop with experience in endless splices.
Types of Alligator® Spiral Lace Fastening System:
- Alligator® Size ASL50
- Alligator® Size ASL60/160
- Alligator® Size ASL80
- Alligator® Size ASL90/190
Alligator® Spiral Lace Fasteners work
The Alligator® Spiral Lace Fastener system was designed for small pulley, low-profile applications. The fastener is constructed of polyester webbing, spirals, and hinge pins. It is installed by either insertion between the plies, ply stepping, or finger splicing.