Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) has signed an agreement for the acquisition of Vijaykant Dairy and Food Products Limited’s (VDFPL) ice cream and frozen desserts business, which includes its flagship brand Adityaa Milk and a distribution network that spans several regions.

HUL is a consumer goods company, while VDFPL is engaged in the dairy business.

Both companies involved in the transaction are based in India.

The transaction is expected to enable HUL to fortify its presence in the Indian ice cream and frozen dessert markets.

Post Holdings Inc has collaborated with private equity firm Thomas H Lee Partners LP (THL) to form a new entity known as 8th Avenue Food & Provisions (8th Avenue).

Post Holdings will receive $875m as part of the initiative, including a $250m investment from THL and a further $625m through assumption of 8th Avenue’s debt.

"Marfrig Global Foods has partnered with the Brazilian Agricultural Research Company (Embrapa) to reduce the level of methane gas emissions from animals."

Post Holdings will own 60.5% stake in the new 8th Avenue business, while the remaining 39.5% interest will be held by THL.

Both companies involved in the deal are based in the US.

Barclays and Goldman Sachs are acting as financial advisers to Post Holdings for the transaction, while Evercore is financial adviser to 8th Avenue.

Marfrig Global Foods has partnered with the Brazilian Agricultural Research Company (Embrapa) to reduce the level of methane gas emissions from animals.

The partnership is slated to improve production concepts such as Carbon Neutral Brazilian Beef (CNBB) and Low Carbon Brazilian Beef (LCBB).

The LCBB and CNBB seals were developed by Embrapa and are intended to certify the neutralisation or reduction of methane gas during the beef production process.

Beef produced under the initiative will be available on the market next year.

The development is anticipated to fortify the domestic and international beef market segments.

The Cheesecake Factory Inc has finalised an agreement with DoorDash for the provision of food delivery services.

The Cheesecake Factory was originally established in 1978 and is a casual dining chain based in the US, while DoorDash is focused on food delivery services.

DoorDash will deliver food to customers from Cheesecake Factory restaurants and offer various marketing opportunities throughout the year under the new arrangement.

It will also extend the companies’ existing partnership regarding point-of-sale integration and integrated marketing activities.

DoorDash will provide also delivery services to 40 additional Cheesecake Factory restaurants as part of the deal.