Food Processing Technology is using cookies

We use them to give you the best experience. If you continue using our website, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this website.

ContinueLearn More X
DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER

Reducing Operating Costs with Cogeneration

What is cogeneration and how does it save me money on operating costs? The answer is combined heat and power (CHP).

Cogeneration or combined heat and power (CHP) is the use of a heat engine or power station to generate electricity and useful heat at the same time.

Conventional power generates only around 35% of primary energy as usable electricity - the rest (around 65%) is released into the atmosphere as heat and CO2 emissions. Even more energy is lost as electricity travels through the grid to reach its destination.

Historically, it’s a massive global problem for businesses and governments to manage this important commodity in the most environmentally and economically beneficial way.

The answer is 2G Combined Heat and Power (CHP), also known as cogeneration. Combined heat and power uses a fuel source, usually natural or biogas, and integrates the production of usable heat and electricity into one process. With energy efficiency of up to 90% at the point of use, this translates into significant reductions in operating costs.



Download to find out more.

Close
Close
Close

Go Top