The new Munters Quantum™ desiccant wheel rotor is a further refinement of the company’s high-performance silica gel (HPS) rotor, which is at the heart of most Munters dehumidifiers.
This advanced Quantum™ rotor provides large dehumidification capacity, and is designed from a unique desiccant blend, which is suitable for high-reactivation temperature applications such as drying processes.
At high-reactivation temperatures, standard desiccant rotors normally lose performance over time.
The basic principle shows the design of a desiccant rotor for the drying technique. The rotor works on the principle of sorption by which a desiccant removes water vapour directly from the air. The rotor is divided into process air and regeneration air segments.
A sealing system prevents mixing of the air flows. The air to be dried passes through the desiccant wheel and the desiccant removes the water vapour from the air and holds it while rotating. As the moisture laden desiccant passes through the reactivation sector, the water vapour is transferred to a heated airstream, which is exhausted to the outside.
With Munters Quantum™ rotor, it is possible to dehumidify ambient air to very dry conditions (DeltaX up to 15g/kg) without requiring any pre cooling, which secures very dry and hygienic process environment without any condensate.
For these reasons, the world’s leading manufacturers of products such as baby milk powder trust Munters and the Quantum™ rotor for demanding processes such as cooling and spray drying, saving up to 40% energy.
Sensitive processes such as spray-drying processes are highly affected by the outdoor climate and on warm, humid summer days production might even be ceased as to too long drying times and following inadequate product quality and costly waste.
The Munters Quantum™ desiccant rotor ensures an optimum process climate by creating winter conditions all year round, granting increased production capacity, higher product quality and energy savings as waste heat from the process can be utilised for regeneration of the rotor.
Munters Quantum™ rotor offers you significant benefits:
- Maximised water removal – independent of outdoor conditions and without any pre-cooling
- Maximum production efficiency and quality
- Improved hygiene due to the absence of pre-coolers wet surfaces and condensates
- Certified bactericidal and fungicidal qualities make it applicable for food applications
- Reduced latent operational energy costs as the system runs on primary energy sources (natural gas), steam and/or combined with waste heat
- Less and easy maintenance
- Free of refrigerants and other environmental hazardous materials
- Reduced CO2 emissions and carbon footprint